The Peninsula Chicago offers enticing amenities designed with our youngest guests in mind including special in-room amenities, family-friendly accommodations, and Peninsula Academy programmes. Please mention ages and interests of children when reserving your room so we may create special memories throughout their stay!
IN-ROOM AMENITIES FOR JUNIOR GUESTS
- Schedule a visit upon check-in at the Front Desk for Peter Bear, the lovable mascot of The Peninsula, to stop by to say hello with a wagon of treats!
- Age-appropriate bath amenities such as Johnson & Johnson baby bath-time set
- Welcome amenity of Peninsula treats for junior guest with items such as gummy bears, chocolate chip cookies, popcorn and more
- Children's size robe and slippers
- Crib and linens can be placed in room prior to arrival with advance notice
- Playstation or Wii set up in room with advance notice
- Families can relax in the hotel’s half-Olympic length swimming pool and order snacks or a meal to enjoy poolside or on the Sun Terrace
- Child-friendly menus are available in all hotel restaurants, as well as Children's Afternoon Teas
- Chicago kids' maps are available via the Concierge for children that wish to explore the city
- An on-property digital Peninsula Scavenger Hunt is available via the Front Desk
- Our Camp Peninsula package features an in-room tent setup as well as 50% off the cost of an adjoining room for children ages 12 and under. Kids can also eat for free from the children's menu and enjoy a range of amenities tailored just for junior guests. SEE MORE>
- The Peninsula Spa offers manicures and pedicures for children
- Babysitter services can be facilitated through our Concierge with advance notice
PENINSULA ACADEMY PROGRAMMES
Exclusively designed to give guests unique and unprecedented access to historical, cultural and local lifestyle experiences, The Peninsula Academy offers a collection of bespoke programmes for both adults and children. Advance notice required.
- Little Bakers: Pastry Class For Aspiring Chefs - perfect for little ones with an interest in sweet treats. READ MORE>
- Princess for a Day: How to Be A Perfect Princess - ideal for the young lady who aspires to be the most regal princess in the kingdom. READ MORE>
- Chicago by Air and Water: City tour for the Adventurous - excellent for kids who want to explore the Windy City from high in the sky and atop Lake Michigan. READ MORE>
KEYS TO THE CITY
The Peninsula Chicago's Keys To The City programme offers even our youngest of guests with access to incredible "only-in-Chicago" experiences. Advance notice required.
- Field Museum: The Field Bistro - purchase your tickets to the museum through the hotel's Concierge and receive complimentary dino cookies and milk with a souvenir glass when visiting The Field Bistro. READ MORE>
- Navy Pier: Ride the Centennial Wheel - purchase your ticket through the hotel’s Concierge and receive an upgraded “Fast Pass” to skip the lines and also guaranteed access to the coveted single glass bottom gondola. READ MORE>
- Chicago's Mercury Cruises: Family-Friendly Cruise - families who purchase their tickets through the hotel's Concierge will receive complimentary entry for children ages 14 and younger. READ MORE>
- 360 Chicago: TILT - purchase your tickets to 360 Chicago at the John Hancock center and receive complimentary access to TILT. READ MORE>
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Advance notice required for all Peninsula Academy programmes. Please see details of specific programme or mention your interest when reserving your stay
- Peter Bear visits require advance notice and are only offered for overnight stays during the weekend
- Welcome amenities may change based on availability and preferences of junior guest